Auteco Minerals Makes Discovery of Near Surface, High Grade Mineralization
Highlighting Open Pit Potential
VANCOUVER, BC, July 27, 2021 /CNW/ – First Mining Gold Corp. (“First Mining” or the “Company”) (TSX: FF) (OTCQX: FFMGF) (FRANKFURT: FMG) is pleased to announce the commencement of a second phase, 50,000 m drill program at its Pickle Crow gold project in northwestern Ontario, Canada, to follow on from the strong results obtained in the initial 45,000 m program completed by First Mining’s Joint Venture partner Auteco Minerals Ltd (“Auteco”) in 2020 and 2021. Further drilling is being done on the new Carey discovery, which is the first in a series of shallow exploration targets being tested by Auteco that highlight the potential for open pit mining in addition to what was historically a narrow-vein underground operation at Pickle Crow. Follow up drilling is underway to determine the continuity of mineralization at Carey between historical drillholes to the north and south of the initial intersections.
To date, 14 diamond drill holes totalling 5,622 m of drilling have been completed from the new program, following on from the initial 45,522 m from 166 diamond holes which were completed in the first program. Of these new holes, assay results have been partially received for five holes, and assays are yet to be received for a further nine holes. There are currently four drill rigs on site. Auteco’s dual strategy of driving near-mine resource growth combined with early-stage exploration targeting will continue to be the focus of the drilling program.
All drilling completed between September 2020 and June 2021 has been conducted outside of the current resource area.
Mapping, outcrop sampling and the acquisition of detail ground magnetics is also in progress on the regional tenure outside of the current resource area. Assay results returned from rock chip samples of outcropping veins at the Springer Prospect have returned results up to 145.7 g/t gold.
In anticipation of continued success, Auteco has engaged leading environmental consulting firm Wood PLC to coordinate and conduct activities relating to Advanced Exploration permitting with the Ontario Ministry of Energy, Northern Development and Mines. Additionally, Auteco has commenced preliminary discussions with a number of engineering firms to conduct assessments of processing and mining infrastructure inherited with the Pickle Crow project.
“We are excited about the highly successful exploration program being completed by our joint venture partner Auteco at our Pickle Crow Project.” stated Dan Wilton, CEO of First Mining. “The Carey discovery is only one of several shallow exploration targets being tested by Auteco, which may indicate potential for an open-pittable resource at the Project in addition to underground targets. Furthermore, the recent drilling has successfully extended the known high-grade mineralization in the Shaft 3 area. We are impressed with the commitment and technical expertise of our joint venture partner Auteco to undertake and complete the first phase of their exploration program in such an aggressive timeline and with such impressive results, and we look forward to the assay results from the additional 50,000 metres of drilling which has just commenced.”
- Initial 45,000 metre drill program complete and additional 50,000 metre program now commenced
- New, shallow high-grade gold discovery (‘Carey Discovery’) with drill results including:
- 5.8 m @ 16.2 g/t gold from 112.8 m in AUDD0158 (New Structural Zone) including 2.2 m @ 39.4 g/t
- 14.9 m @ 2.2 g/t gold from 28.7 m in AUDD0137 (New Structure)
- 16.5 m @ 2.3 g/t gold from 160.6 m in AUDD0141 (New Structure)
- 6.5 m @ 4.6 g/t gold from 86.5 m in AUDD0138 (New Structure)
- 3.3 m @ 4.7 g/t gold from 54.3 m in AUDD0134 (New Structure)
- Extension of known, high-grade gold mineralization in the Shaft 3 and Shaft 1 areas with drill results including:
- 4.9 m @ 7.5 g/t gold from 483.2 m in hole AUDD0152 (New Structure – Shaft 3)
- 3.3 m @ 8.0 g/t gold from 836.4 m in hole AUDD0166 (80 m Extension of Structure – Shaft 3)
- 6.5 m @ 6.6 g/t gold from 838.1 m in AUDD0166W1 (New Structure – Shaft 3) including 1.8 m @ 21.2 g/t
- 4.9 m @ 4.7 g/t gold from 514.1 m in AUDD0178 including 2.1 m @ 10.4 g/t (New Structure – Shaft 3)
- 1.0 m @ 14.1 g/t gold from 432.0 m in AUDD0179 (New Structure – Shaft 3)
- 1.3 m @ 21.4 g/t gold from 82.1 m in hole AUDD0128 (80 m Extension of Structure – Shaft 3)
- 0.6 m @ 42.9 g/t gold from 320.0 m in hole AUDD0128 (80 m Extension of Structure – Shaft 3)
- 4.6 m @ 7.5 g/t gold from 183.5 m in hole AUDD0064 (80 m Extension of Structure – Shaft 1)
- Regional mapping and reconnaissance sampling has yielded…